Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the United States, with 6.8 million acres of timberlands and over 40 offices in 20 states. We are a publicly traded company (NYSE: PCL), listed on the S&P 500 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We currently have an opening for an entry-level Forest Engineer to be located in our Toledo, Oregon office.
In the role of Forest Engineer at Plum Creek, you will have the opportunity to learn how to design roads and transportation systems and assist with executing road and harvesting contracts. As a Forest Engineer in the Toledo district you assist the unit comprised of one forest engineer and two harvesting supervisors in implementing forest engineering, road building and maintenance, and surveying activities for assigned projects on the 119,000 acre forest. This job requires at least 75% field work in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
As a Forest Engineer at Plum Creek, you will the opportunity to:
- develop and write contracts
- negotiate and administer the contract terms
- participate in the planning and implementation of harvesting activities
- work closely with many of Plum Creek's contractors
- develop a broader view of Plum Creek's overall business including environmental, silviculture, harvesting, and budgeting and forest finance
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Forest Engineering required
- Forest Engineering experience or a forestry internship is preferred
Basic knowledge of forest engineering, transportation planning and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and GPS operation
- Initiative, excellent judgment and creativity
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary for effective
relationships with co-workers, contractors, and other internal and
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Targeted 2014 starting base salary: $41,000 to $54,400
- Targeted annual bonus: 14%
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes healthcare coverage, health and dependent daycare funds, life and disability protection, paid vacation time, as well as both a 401k (with up to 6% match) and a company-funded pension plan.
Plum Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status and/or protected veteran status.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
*If you have questions about this opportunity or need technical assistance in the application process, please contact our recruiting team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please go to www.plumcreek.com/careers