Position: CTL Production Forester/Project Manager
Position Objective: Lead, supervise and direct all aspects of the Miller Timber Cut-to-Length (CTL) operations, including stewardship projects. Partner with members of the management team to develop and drive day-to-day operational performance to meet/exceed stated business objectives (company and business partner, client, and agency objectives). Effectively plan and organize workflows to balance and optimize the overall process.
• Take responsibility for the overall outcome of assigned projects, balancing people issues, scheduling constraints, and resource/process constraints, assuming ultimate accountability for results.
• Act as the primary “on-site” company representative for all client/agency interfaces.
• Ensure that the overall quality of all operations meets/exceeds expectations; harvest permitting, layout, log quality, log sorts, unintended operational consequence to the residual stand and the environment.
• Understand all CTL operational procedures and remain up-to-date regarding technological advances, new techniques, best practices, and product/process capability.
• Track and report CTL metrics.
• Effectively plan, schedule, organize and deliver projects and tasks on-time and under budget; allocate resources, handle logistical details, time schedules, facilities, and equipment.
• Develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with clients, coworkers, and business partners.
• Demonstrate the ability to meet emerging needs, changing priorities, and learn new methods/concepts.
• Take on personal accountability for safety and pursue it on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all CTL equipment is well-maintained/repaired, minimizing unplanned downtime.
• Actively monitor agency websites for the presence of stewardship business opportunities.
• Attend/participate in pre-bid stewardship project meetings and project site visits.
• Drive the preparation and submittal of proposals for stewardship contracts (Business, Technical, and Price elements)
• Develop strong working relationships with all stewardship contracting personnel.
• Bachelor Degree in Forest Engineering, Forest Operations Management, or related field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to work as an integral member of a highly effective team
• Must be highly motivated
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should apply at Miller Timber Service, 24745 Alsea Hwy, Philomath, OR, or send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Miller Timber Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Miller Timber Services is an equal opportunity employer.