COFE is an international professional organization formed to foster the development of forest engineering in industry, government, and education in order to promote the best methods of managing and operating forests, both private and public.
Join COFE Today
Full professional membership in COFE is $15 per year and a student membership is only $5. Membership supports the sharing of information, meetings, student and professional awards, networking tools, and more.
Recent Reseach Publications
- Study of a chassis path planning algorithm for a forest harvester
- Exploring determinants of log truck accidents resulting in injury or fatality in the Northwest United States between 2015-2019 using Motor Carrier Management Information System data
- Chipping operations and chip quality from mixed hardwood forests for bioenergy
- Detailed scheduling of forest harvesting at the operational level incorporating decisions on multiple machine assignment
- Rail transport in Swedish wood supply – seasonal variation, system risks and mitigation costs
- Harvester time consumption in nature conservation management operations
- Assessment of timber faller working conditions in mixed hand and tethered-machine cut harvest units on steep slopes- A case study in western Oregon