COFE is an international professional organization formed to foster the development of forest engineering in industry, government, and education in order to promote the best methods of managing and operating forests, both private and public.
Join COFE Today
Full professional membership in COFE is $15 per year and a student membership is only $5. Membership supports the sharing of information, meetings, student and professional awards, networking tools, and more.
Recent Reseach Publications
- Harvesting wind damaged trees: a study of prediction of windthrow damage in mixed-broadleaf stands via a machine learning model
- Fuel consumption of a high-capacity transport (HCT) vehicle combination for industrial roundwood hauling: a case study of laden timber truck combinations in Finland
- Forest roads: regional perspectives from around the world
- A review on cable yarding operation performance and its assessment
- Assessing productivity and cost of timber harvesting during longleaf pine ecosystem restoration
- Access feature areas within clearcut harvests by region across the southeastern US
- A multi-objective optimization strategy for timber forwarding in cut-to-length harvesting operations