Hancock Forest Management is hiring a Production/Roads Forester and a Production Forester for their NORTH CASCADES REGION, based out of Orting, WA. Qualified candidates should apply on line or send a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to email@example.com by 12/5/2013.
Position: Production/Roads Forester
Location: Orting, WA
General Directive: Responsible for harvest unit and associated transportation systems planning layout, budgeting, permitting, and contract supervision. Plan, coordinate, supervise, and implement forest road activities and environmental enhancement projects. Provide leadership, administration, and ground level implementation for road related activities. Manage budgets to achieve desired results.
· Work area 333,000 acres
· Harvest layout, permitting, harvest operations, log manufacturing, log sorting, log quality control, and associated road maintenance and new road construction.
· Capital road construction and road maintenance.
· Develop and maintain relationships with HFM/HTRG staff, contractors, regulatory agencies, and stake holders.
· Harvest unit and associated transportation systems planning, budgeting, layout, administration, and contract supervision
· Capital road construction and expense road maintenance programs planning, budgeting, layout, administration, and contract supervision.
· Active and involved participant in the NW safety program.
· Assist with the development of budgets and forecasts.
· Implementation of SFI standards.
· Support HNRG groups such as Acquisitions, Client Account Group, etc.
· Special projects as requested or needed.
· Bachelor degree in Forest Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
· Organizational skills
· Leadership skills
· Team player, able to understand and work with different personalities
· Motivated and entrepreneurial
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· PC use including Word, Excel, and Outlook or Lotus Notes
· Knowledgeable in GIS, ArcMap
Qualified candidates should apply on line or send a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org 12/5/2013. Please include your salary requirements.
Hancock Forest Management offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is an equal opportunity employer.