Position: Forester Location: Orting, WA
General Directive: Harvest operations, silviculture, transportations systems, and land management
planning, layout, budgeting, permitting, and contract supervision.
• NW Washington region encompasses over 320,000 acres
• Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies, concerned stake holders, HFM staff, and HTRG staff
• Harvest operations, silviculture, transportations systems, and land management
• Harvest unit and associated transportation systems planning
• Harvest unit layout, administration, and contract supervision
• Silvicultural activities layout, contracting, and administration
• Development of annual property budgets and forecasts
• SFI compliance
• Risk Management
• Basic mapping tasks with ArcMap
• Support HNRG groups such as Acquisitions, Client Account Group, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree in Forest Management, Forest Engineering, or closely related field
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft computer software, with emphasis in Excel, Access, and Word preferred.
• Knowledge of using Lotus Notes or similar e-mail program
• Knowledgeable in GIS, ArcMap
• Team player, be able to understand and work with other’s needs and with different personalities
• Highly motivated and entrepreneurial
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should apply on line or send a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to email@example.com Please include your salary requirements, cover letter, resume, references, and transcripts.
Hancock Forest Management offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, a team oriented work environment and growth opportunities for its employees.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is an equal opportunity employer.