The Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS) organization is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional or individual landowners.
The Wood and Fiber Supply team is seeking a Forest Engineer to report into our Diboll, TX Procurement office. Reporting to the Area Manager, this person will work to build strong business relationships with logging contractors and procurement foresters that will help drive process improvements and present innovative solutions to recurring issues. A strong desire to be in the forest industry is essential as this person actively represents Wood & Fiber Supply (W&FS) and the facility operations on local and regional sourcing initiatives.
Forest Harvesting Engineering –
- Provide support, supervision and innovation for harvest contractor operations
Retain and develop high quality, safe operating contractors to perform various types of harvesting activities and meet SFI compliance standards
- Contract administration and contract negotiations related to harvesting activities and road work construction
- Analyze all cost components of harvesting operations and associated transportation systems
- Plan and implement solutions to complex harvesting and related transportation issues
- Design and conduct experiments, interpreting the data and analyzing the results
- BS in Forest Engineering, or related field
- Good computer skills, Excel, PPT, Word, Access and GIS/GPS applications
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively work with others in a team setting
- Master Degree related to Forest Engineering
- MBA in Finance
- Three years minimum experience
GP utilizes its business philosophy called Market Based Management® or MBM® to create value for its customers, the company, and society. We know from history, economics and many other disciplines that prosperous societies have rules and values encouraging entrepreneurial innovations that tend to make its members better off over the long term. The MBM® approach is to draw on these lessons and apply them to a business. MBM® is a large set of ever-evolving “mental models” that are organized by, and interpreted through, a framework of five interdependent and mutually reinforcing dimensions: vision, virtue and talents, knowledge processes, decision rights and incentives. The MBM Guiding Principles, which are a model within the virtue and talents dimension, form the MBM culture.
We seek candidates for the position described below that are comfortable with and will be successful in a company—like GP—that utilizes MBM®.
Additional information can be obtained on line at http://gp.com/aboutus/MBM/index.html Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf