Weyerhaeuser’s Coos Bay Timberlands operation based out of Coos Bay, OR, has an opening for a Yoder Hook Tender. We are seeking an individual who desires to work safely in a market-focused logging environment. This is a full-time hourly position. Hourly employees at this operation are represented by the IAM-AW Union. Benefits (in accordance with the current Labor Agreement) include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plans, vacation, and holidays. Base rate of pay is $29.75/hour.
The successful candidate for this position must be competent/qualified in the following, and possess leadership skills:
- Must be able to fulfill the responsibilities of coordinating the yoder logging operation.
- Additionally, must be capable of performing all hook tender responsibilities and have the ability to safely and competently operate the tailhold cat on various slopes and soils.-Must have knowledge on equipment inspections and able to perform basic maintenance.
- 2 years’ experience working in a logging environment; preferably with crew leadership responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the technical and physical demands of the position such as splicing lines, notching stumps, spooling lines, making road changes, running chainsaw and other various tasks as need.
- Able to walk, stand and work in rough terrain on a continuous basis.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40-50 lbs. intermittently; this includes reaching/lifting/pulling to attach devices weighing up to 40 lbs. to logs, as well as lifting/carrying tools weighing up to approx. 40 lbs. up/down steep slopes.
- Field work accomplished under variety of weather conditions; all that the Northwest has to offer.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we’ve been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.