The Washington DNR is seeking two full-time Region Engineers. As the licensed engineer, the Region Engineer is responsible for managing the engineering program in the region. Duties include; forest road maintenance, fish passage improvements, managing rock resources, heavy equipment crew supervision, right of way and easement evaluation, budget tracking and allocation, and ensuring region operations are consistent with department engineering standards. The Region Engineer represents the department’s interests to private operators, businesses, government officials, and the public where there are complex and/or sensitive issues. They are responsible for both professional and technical staff including hiring, training, development and disciplinary action. The position is accountable for achieving all program deliverables, developing region engineering standards, and coordinating with appropriate region/district program leads. The Region Engineer must also provide strong advocacy for safety within engineering program staff.
1. B.S. Degree in Forest Engineering or Civil Engineering;
2. Licensed professional engineer (State of Washington or capable of being licensed within one year);
3. Experience in road and structure design, construction, maintenance and compliance; seven years for Chehalis position, ten years for Sedro Woolley position;
4. Experience managing budgets;
5. Experience in the fundamentals of forest management and forest engineering principles and methods.
To view the full job description and to apply for the positions please visit www.careers.wa.gov. Applicants will need to complete an online application and provide three to five professional references. Applicants will also need to attach a letter of interest describing how their qualifications meet the position requirements, and a resume. Both jobs are continuous, open until filled but request that candidates supply applications earlier rather than later.
Questions about the positions can be directed to Steve Ogden email@example.com (Chehalis position) or Laurie Bergvall firstname.lastname@example.org (Sedro Woolley position).