The West Virginia University’s Renewable Materials and Bioenergy Research Center is seeking applicants to fill two Graduate Research Assistant positions in: (1) Advanced Biomass Logistics, and (2) Lignocellulose-based Products. Both positions will be available in August, 2016.
We are looking for motivated applicants with good work ethic, who are interested in participating in multidisciplinary research projects.
1. Advanced Biomass Logistics
MS in forest management, forest or agricultural engineering, or related sciences with strong background in operations research and economics
- Demonstrated knowledge in computation, modeling, and statistics
- Experience in life cycle analysis and techno-economic analysis
- Strong communication skills
2. Lignocellulose-based Products
- MS in applied chemistry, wood science and technology, chemical engineering, or materials science
- Experience in thermochemical conversion and carbonization of lignocellulosic materials
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials characterization methods, including TGA, FTIR, BET, WXRD, NMR, SEM, TEM, Raman, GC-MS, HPLC etc.
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design
Email the following documents in one single PDF file to Professor Jingxin Wang: (1) cover letter, explaining your qualifications, your research interests, and relevant prior experiences; (2) CV, and (3) transcripts of your undergraduate and graduate courses. If you have your TOEFL (foreign students only) and GRE scores, please include them as well. Reviewing process will begin immediately and continue until suitable candidates are selected. The selected candidates must submit their official application to WVU Office of Graduate Admissions & Recruitment (http://graduate.wvu.edu/).
For more information, please email Dr. Jingxin Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at (304) 293 7601.