Lewis District Engineer, Natural Resources Engineer 2 LOCATION: Chehalis, Washington
Recruitment # 2016-06-5808-06575
SALARY RANGE: $3,934 – $5,160 per month
CLOSES: July 5, 2016 Note: Recruitment may be extended after July 5th depending on the quantity and quality of the application pool.
POSITION PROFILE: These positions support the agency mission by providing professional, forward-looking stewardship of our state lands, natural resources, and environment and by providing leadership in creating a sustainable future for the Trusts and all citizens.
These positions are seen as leadership positions within the agency and have proven to be advancement development for a management or professional engineering pathway, for some candidates. The position affords the opportunity for very broad exposure to all levels of management with professional development opportunities. Executive development has been offered to some past candidates.
- Knowledge of Forest engineering principles, techniques andApplication such as: Logging systems, harvest system design and road transportation design.
- Experience with ground and cable logging systems and forest road construction equipment and use.
- Knowledge of Forest Practice standards, laws and rights-of-way.
- Knowledge of Timber sales contract preparation and administration.
- Use of engineering equipment, tools and software.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic Structure Design.
- Knowledge of Forest Management objectives, timber management planning.
- Proven ability in computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
This level of knowledge and skill is typically achieved after:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Forest Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Forest Operations Management.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Experience using ArcGIS software.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work on uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
- The incumbent in this position is required to travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have two years of driving experience. This position requires driving as an essential function. Employees who drive for state business, whether in a state or privately-owned vehicle, are required to possess a valid license as defined in policy PO02-006 and abide by all other driver responsibility requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY!
Or go to: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/dnr/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1462979
Questions? Please contact Jon J. Tweedale at (360) firstname.lastname@example.org or e-mail us at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov.