Our Willamette Valley Region has an opening for a Harvest Manager on the Springfield operations team, located in Springfield, Oregon. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Area Manager with salary level dependent on skills and experience. The role is responsible for management of safety, environmental stewardship, quality, production, and costs associated with the contract and/or company harvesting operations. Specific responsibilities will be dependent on selected candidate’s experience and skillset.
- Responsible for harvest plan execution in compliance with the regional and area harvesting strategy and the annual budget plan
- Manage hourly IAM employees adhering to labor relations principles and abiding by the guidelines outlined in the collective bargaining agreement
- Contract administration, supervision, and development of logging contractors.
- Demonstrate, role model, coordinate training on company safety policies and safe work practices.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
- Prioritize budgeted expenditures, key role in equipment selection/liquidation, coordination of necessary maintenance scheduling and accountability for operator involvement with the preventative maintenance program.
- Confirm log quality by accessing log sorts, log value, merchandising/value extraction and the scaling process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing annual budgets and delivering results against budget.
- Coordinate with all other forest management operations and employees on the area and region teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Preferred: Degree with 2+ years of experience in a supervisory or key leadership role in the logging industry.
- Leadership abilities in employee and contractor safety performance and safety process improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage employees and contractors to respond and meet changing customer requirements/needs.
- Preferred: work experience associated with a collective bargaining agreement.
- General knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning/forecasting, and capital expenditures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills needed to effectively function as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching and development plans.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office, other windows-based programs, and internet skills. Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize new technology essential to role such as GIS mapping and harvest scheduling software and mobile Aps related to log quality performance tracking and transportation and harvesting efficiency.
- Willing to work as required to meet operational needs, may include evenings or weekends if/when necessary.
About Our Timberlands Business
We are experts in growing, nurturing, harvesting and replanting trees without harming the environment or exhausting the supply. Our timberlands team attracts world-class professionals who understand how to make the most of our remarkable, renewable resource — to meet the needs of our investors, customers, and communities today, and for decades to come.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.