This role reports to the Springfield Operations Team Leader and is a part of the team providing planning and management of activities across the Springfield, Oregon Tree Farm. This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary level dependent on skills and experience.
This position is responsible for the planning and management of field engineering activities. In addition, it requires active involvement in the planning of road construction and road maintenance activities, and will be involved in harvest scheduling and harvest planning. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the Integrated Skills Development Process (ISDP). The objective of ISDP is to provide for a structured process for individual development matching business skill set needs in the areas of forestry, engineering, land use, and harvesting.
- Employ professional engineering skills in the planning and field implementation of road layout, road construction, road maintenance, cable/ground-logging systems, and harvest unit layout.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes.
- Full participation in the management of expense and capital budgets.
- Appropriate level of participation in negotiating, preparing, and administering contracts.
- Act as company representative with landowners, government agencies, and community representatives.
- Strong advocate for safety within the team and throughout the operation for company and contractor activities.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal safety statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
About Our Timberlands Business
We’re experts in growing, nurturing, harvesting and replanting trees without harming the environment or exhausting the supply. Our timberlands team attracts world-class professionals who understand how to make the most of our remarkable, renewable resource — to meet the needs of our investors, customers and communities today, and for decades to come.
- BS Forest Engineering or other Forest Operations related field.
- Preferred candidates will have 5-7 years prior forest engineering experience.
- Individuals who possess a comparable degree (e.g. Civil Engineering) along with forest operations experience will also be considered.
- Candidates with Northwest regional field experience will be strongly considered.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-directed team player.
- Ability to deal with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) needed to effectively function as part of a team.
- Will be required to learn how to prepare, negotiate, administer and monitor contracts.
- Able to develop, prioritize, plan, implement and manage activities to meet targets and deadlines.
- Should be familiar with Forest Practice rules.
- Strong analytical skills w/ proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Geographical Information Systems are highly desirable with desire to learn.
- Current driver’s license is required as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year).
- Minimum of 50% of work time is spent in the field, much of it on steep or broken ground covered with slash and brush.
- Field work accomplished under variety of weather conditions; all that the Northwest has to offer.
- Operations are highly weather dependent; responsibilities may include occasional weekend work.
Interested candidates can apply online by 2/21/17 at: http://weyer.jobs/10923
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.