This role reports to the Clackamas Area Manager and is a part of the team providing planning and management activities across the Clackamas geography, with the area office based out of Molalla, OR. This is a full-time, exempt position, with salary level dependent on skills and experience.
This position is responsible for the planning and management of field engineering activities. In addition, it requires active involvement in road construction and road maintenance activities, and will also be involved in harvest layout, scheduling and harvest planning. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the Integrated Skills Development Process (ISDP) which provides for a structured process for individual development, matching business skill set needs in the areas of forestry, engineering, land use, and harvesting.
- Employ professional engineering skills in the planning and field implementation of road layout, road construction, road maintenance, cable/ground-logging systems, and harvest unit layout.
Ensure compliance with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes.
- Full participation in the management of expense and capital budgets.
- Negotiating, preparing, and administering contracts.
- Act as company representative with landowners, government agencies, and community representatives.
- Strong advocate for safety within the team and throughout the operation.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal safety statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
We’re experts in growing, nurturing, harvesting and replanting trees while protecting the environment and ensuring a sustainable timber supply. Our timberlands team attracts world-class professionals who understand how to make the most of our remarkable, renewable resource — to meet the needs of our investors, customers and communities today, and for decades to come.
- BS Forest or Civil Engineering or closely related field with minimum of five years of forest harvest unit layout and road layout/construction experience, preferably with Northwest regional field experience.
- Individuals who possess a comparable degree (e.g. Civil Engineering) along with forest operations experience will also be considered.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-directed team player.
- Possess understanding and ability to deal with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes and permitting process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) needed to effectively function as part of a team.
- Ability to prepare, negotiate, administer and monitor contracts.
- Must develop, prioritize, plan, implement and manage activities to meet targets and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills w/ proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Geographical Information Systems are highly desirable with desire to continue learning.
- Valid driver’s license is required, as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (approx. 25,000 miles per year).
- Ability to spend a majority of time in the field, on steep or broken ground covered with slash and brush in a variety of weather conditions.
- Operational timing or weather constraints may require occasional weekend work.
- Pass a post-offer background check, physical and drug screen.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
Interested candidates can apply at http://weyer.jobs/11220by 6/12/17.