Our Forestry Division has an opening for a qualified Forester to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Skagit, Whatcom, and Snohomish counties. The successful applicant will work out of the Mt Vernon, WA office.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Implement all aspects of the timber harvest program; perform harvest layout and permitting, administer road building and logging contracts, and ensure log quality control
• Assist in the development of harvest budgets and forecasts
• Assist, as needed, with silvicultural programs including reforestation, vegetation management, tree improvement, and inventory
• Effectively work both within a team setting and independently in remote areas, in all seasons and weather conditions
• Professionally and effectively interact with state regulatory agencies and diverse groups
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass or GPS
• 2 to 5 years of experience in harvest engineering and/or harvest unit layout in the Pacific Northwest
• Solid understanding of operational and cost considerations of cable and ground-based logging systems and forest road construction
• Working familiarity with Washington forest practice rules
• Degree in Forestry or related field (demonstrated equivalent work experience will be considered)
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, and a strong work ethic
• Skilled with Word, Outlook, Excel, ArcGIS software; RoadEng or CAD considered a plus
• Have or able to obtain a valid Washington driver’s license, and ability to drive hazardous mountain roads
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, send a resume and cover letter referencing this position by January 13th 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a drug and tobacco free workplace.