Our Forestry Division, Tahoe District, has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Nevada, Yuba, Placer, and Sierra Counties. This position will involve preparation of harvest plans and administration of harvest operations. Work will be out of the Tahoe office in Grass Valley, CA requiring living in one of the surrounding communities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Develop and prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THP’s), including research, field work, mapping and writing
- Administer contracts for field operations including marking, logging and road construction
- Effectively and professionally interact with state regulatory agencies
- Conduct surveys including botanical, wildlife, and archeological
- Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
- Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass and GPS
- Assist in reforestation activities, including planting and site preparation
- A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years
- Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules, and knowledge of THP preparation
- Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation and strong work ethic
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and GIS-based software programs
- Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better. We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, send a resume and cover letter referencing this position by May 2nd 2022 to:
(530) 378-8107 Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and
veterans. We are a drug and tobacco free workplace.