Our Forestry Division has an opening for a qualified Forester to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish counties. The successful applicant will be required to work out of the Burlington, Washington office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who shares our passion for land stewardship and the forest industry and seeks to advance their career.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Implement all aspects of the district’s timber harvest program: perform harvest layout and permitting, administer road building and logging contracts, and ensure log quality control
- Assist in the development of harvest budgets and forecasts
- Assist, as needed, with silvicultural programs including reforestation, vegetation management, tree improvement, animal damage, and inventory
- Effectively work both within a team setting and independently in remote areas, in all seasons and weather conditions
- Professionally and effectively interact with state regulatory agencies and diverse stakeholder groups
- Other forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
- Forest Technician degree
- 1 year experience in harvest engineering and layout in the Pacific Northwest preferred
- Solid understanding of logging, road construction, and silviculture operations
- Working familiarity with Washington forest practice rules
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, and a strong work ethic
- Skilled with Word, Outlook, Excel, ArcGIS software
- Have or obtain a valid Washington driver’s license, and ability to drive hazardous mountain roads
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by December 14, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries Paul Niemer, Human Resources
P. O. Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a drug and tobacco free workplace.