Our Oregon Trucking team has an opening for a Transportation Supervisor, with office based in Lebanon, Oregon. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Oregon Trucking Manager with salary level dependent on skills and experience. This role is responsible for management of the employees and functions associated with the Mid-Valley trucking operations, dispatch, maintenance, and drivers. Additionally, the position provides oversite of contract companies.
- Monitor safety, environmental impacts and trucking costs for contractors and company employees.
- Lead safety meetings; perform pre-work safety inspections & follow-up as needed; actively participate in unit safety/health programs.
- Demonstrate, role model, coordinate training on company safety policies and safe work practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards -- Weyerhaeuser, federal, state and local.
- Apply leadership skills in managing company crews on a daily basis – evaluating and holding individuals accountable to job performance expectations.
- Adhere to labor relations principles, working with employees and union leadership to pro-actively resolve issues and grievances related to collective bargaining agreements.
- Coordinate with other forest management operations within the organization.
- Fill in for other members of the trucking leadership team during times of their absence.
- B.S or B.A. in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years leadership experience, with previous management of DOT-regulated fleets.
- Strong commitment to safety, forest stewardship, customer satisfaction and teamwork.
- Knowledgeable with DOT electronic logs and capable of using computer-based trucking, dispatch, and fleet management software on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of shop maintenance and mechanics.
- Knowledge of logging and forestry operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals.
- Proficient in use of personal computers and related software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of business economics, and the ability to apply those principles within the timberlands business.
- Travel will be required during the week, driving through the tree farm performing safety and production audits.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Job Level Manager
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day (1st)
Relocation Assistance Available