COFE is an international professional organization formed to foster the development of forest engineering in industry, government, and education in order to promote the best methods of managing and operating forests, both private and public.
Join COFE Today
Full professional membership in COFE is $15 per year and a student membership is only $5. Membership supports the sharing of information, meetings, student and professional awards, networking tools, and more.
Recent Reseach Publications
- Modelling forest road trafficability with satellite-based soil moisture variables
- Log truck transportation challenges and innovative solutions: evaluating the perspectives of truck drivers, logging business owners, and foresters
- An assessment of the safety and efficiency of log trucks with increased weight limits on interstate highways in Wisconsin and Minnesota, USA
- Forestry professionals’ perspectives on exoskeletons (wearable assistive technology) to improve worker safety and health
- Analysis of variables influencing the cost of wood freight: the case of southeastern Brazil
- Accelerated learning for wood supply managers – the next generation of on-line training tools
- Post-harvest energy chipping feasibility in mature pine forests in the Coastal Plain of the US South