New England (report submitted by Ray Berthiaume, Chair)
Annual workshop was held March 10-11, 2014 at the University of Maine in Orono
- There were 330 registrants for the two ½ days of workshop
- There were 21 participants for an optional afternoon workshop held on the second day.
- A planning meeting for the 2015 annual workshop is scheduled for August 10, 2014.
- NERCOFE currently supports/helps fund two scholarships.
- NERCOFE will work on a back-up COFE meeting plan for 2016 should a joint venture with the Canadian Woodlands Forum (CWF) and Demo International 2016 not work out. In the event that things do work out with CWF and the meeting is held in conjunction with DEMO International 2016, NERCOFE will plan on hosting the COFE meeting in 2017.
- Annual workshop was held March 10-11, 2014 at the University of Maine in Orono
South (report submitted by Tom Gallagher, Chair)
- They did not have a regional meeting in 2014. Their 2015 SRCOFE regional meeting will take place at the Arkansas In-woods demo taking place near Hot Springs on June 18-20, 2015 – more details to follow.
- The current bank account balance is $3,833.87
West (report submitted by Rene Zamora)
- A one-day conference was held on January 16, 2014 in Eugene, OR. The theme was “Improving Forest Harvesting Operations.” A record high total of 250 attendees participated. They may need to raise the cost of the meeting in the future to cover shortfalls in down years.
- Jeff Wimer will be developing an online registration for the 2015 conference.
- $2,000 was expended to support scholarship awards for students to attend meetings.
- The account balance is $9,023.20