General Information:This role reports to the Oregon Marketing Team Leader and is a key part of the team providing log sales and marketing functions for Western Timberlands operations. This full-time, salaried exempt position is based out of the Springfield, Oregon location.
- Strong advocate for safety within the team and in the field
- Manage domestic log sales accounts from Corvallis to Roseburg Oregon
- Management includes customer relations, credit accounts and associated payments, product quality and product deliveries
- Monitor market conditions, including inventories and pricing
- Coordinate offerings of timber sales w/ mills, customers, and operating teams. Ensure there is effective cruising, bidding, allocation, cut out analysis and sale completion
- Prepare and communicate to operations unit cutting and sorting instructions based on designated customer base
- Field check harvest units in 12-month planning cycle and update inventory for volume and sort accuracy in planning model
- Prepare monthly allocation update of volume from the operating areas to internal and external customers
- Support value optimization function for the assigned operating area related to unit/log merchandizing enhancements
- Effectively communicate and present key customer and supply chain information to the operating teams
- Bachelor of Science degree – forestry or business preferred
- 8 or more years of timber operations and/or marking experience
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed team player with strong communication (written and oral), planning, facilitation, problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Solid business acumen, with ability to influence others, effectively negotiate and administer contracts
- Knowledge of log and timber values and appraisal processes, logging procedures/costs and scaling/grading rules, and timber stand value optimization
- Familiar with regional timber type, with knowledge of the various sorts (e.g. domestic, export, poles, etc.) and associated values
- Competent computer skills with experience in applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar withstate and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes
- Current driver’s license is required as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year)
- Minimum of 50% of work time is spent in the field in variety of weather conditions on mountainous terrain, with some time on steep or broken ground covered with slash and brush.
Interested candidates may apply by 8/12/18 at: http://weyer.jobs/12572
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.