The successful candidate for this position will be working in the Southern Oregon Region, directly reporting to the Region Manager and will primarily interact with company and contract loggers working for the region’s field operations. This position is responsible for the training and oversight of all individuals in that region whose job it is to merchandise trees into logs with the goal of optimizing value for Weyerhaeuser.
- Be a role model for safe work habits.
- Assist all Operation’s Harvest Managers and hourly personnel in the training and monitoring of those that are responsible for bucking trees and loading logs to optimize the value of every stem.
Organize and conduct employee/operator training as required for value optimization with both
contractor and company personnel.
- The writing, installation and use of electronic cutting cards for various brands of mechanical processors.
- Produce and distribute log quality and value tracking reports as needed. (requires use of “log system” and Windows Excel)
- Provide constructive feedback while coordinating the correction of any log quality/value optimization issues that may arise.
- Perform log and tree audits as required and maintain database records.
- Make regular visits to log destinations (internal and external) for log quality inspections.
- People and leadership skills, including time management, effective decision making, conflict resolution skills, and being results oriented.
- Must be conscientious and detail oriented with good observation, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral, including speaking/teaching groups).
- Demonstrated work experience in the cutting, harvesting, or log scaling/sorting operations.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to learn and use our “bucking for value” software program on a handheld computer.
- BS degree in forestry
- Five or more years of experience in Operations/Marketing with a timber cutting, rigging or scaling background.
- Knowledge of domestic and export log markets, sorts and quality requirements.
Interested candidates may apply by 6/3/18 to: http://weyer.jobs/12327:
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.