Purpose: As a member of the Forest Engineering team this position is responsible for gathering data, exploring options, and preparing designs and cost estimates for forest engineering projects. Works with a variety of clients to ensure their engineering needs are met.
- Minimum education is a BS degree in Forest Engineering, Civil Engineering, or closely related field. Six months’ experience in the field application of engineering skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work independently in steep rugged terrain for extended periods of time in inclement weather conditions.
- Travel to remote work stations in Oregon is required
- Working knowledge of engineering, surveying, logging, and road construction
- Familiarity for Washington State Forest Practice Act is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to operate basic forestry equipment such as a GPS, auto level, hand compass & brushing tools.
- Performs field location of timber sale boundaries and roads. Identifies logging systems, runs deflection profiles, documents harvest methods on logging plan maps
- Designs road locations using ROADENG software. Slope stake roads where necessary. Monitor compliance on road construction projects.
- Designs and administers installation of stream crossing structures such as culverts or bridges. Works with appropriate agencies to obtain necessary permits
- Work with contractors to implement road construction and maintenance projects
- Strive to complete projects on time and on budget
- Committed to work safely in manner that is consistent with company values and policies.
- Participate in safety meetings and watching out for the safety of others.
- Practices time management, prioritizing work, and documenting tasks.
- Contributes to building a positive team environment.
We are currently hiring one permanent position.
Salary Range: Negotiable, DOE
Pacific Forest Management
Is a full service consulting forestry firm located in Forks, Washington on the Olympic Peninsula. Our work area includes forested areas of coastal Washington and Oregon.
We specialize in assisting our clients with management of their forest properties. Preparing forest management plans, conducting and maintaining forest inventories, replacing and installing fish passable stream crossings and providing professional forestry & engineering advice is what we do every day.
Our clients are a diverse group including large forest landowners, Indian Tribes, local government, conservation groups, and small landowners.
Pacific Forest Management offers and excellent training program with advancement opportunities within the Company.
Forks, Washington offers an exciting opportunity to practice hands on forestry skills. Surrounded by thousands of acres of forestland this area offers a unique opportunity to put your skills to work in a working forest setting beside other professionals from many disciplines.
The Olympic Peninsula is also known for its outstanding recreational opportunities to keep you busy during your spare time.